Monday to Friday
8.00am – midday | 1.00pm – 5.00pm
During the waiting period the local tariff of CHF 0.08 per minute applies. The support tariff of CHF 2.13 per minute is only charged once you have been connected to a member of our team.
What is the main difference between the CLX.PayPen and the Wireless version?
You operate the CLX.PayPen with a cable. The reading wand is connected to your PC or Mac via a USB connection. Power is also supplied via this connection.
The CLX.PayPen Wireless functions via Bluetooth without a cable. You can work conveniently entirely free from messy cables. The delivery includes a USB cable, which you only need for charging.
Are both versions identical in form and function?
Both models are identical in shape and size. 131 x 19 x 31 mm. The colours can be selected, but are not the same for each version.
The CLX.PayPen comes in silver and black.
With the CLX.PayPen Wireless you can decide between gold or white gloss.
Is the difference in the function?
Both versions are largely identical in function with minor differences:
1. Scanning and Recording
Both models record the code lines from payment slips quickly and error-free.
The CLX.PayPen also records text in 167 languages and also reads barcodes.
The CLX.PayPen Wireless records text in 20 languages and is not suitable for barcodes.
2. Windows and Mac
The CLX.PayPen works under Windows 7 (32bit/64bit) / Vista / XP / 2000 and in e-banking mode also under Mac OS X (version 10.3.x and newer).
The CLX.PayPen Wireless in all versions is only designed for use under Windows 7 (32bit/64bit) / Vista / XP SP2.
The CLX.PayPen Wireless for Mac in white gloss runs perfectly in e-banking mode under Mac OS X from version 10.5 Leopard (Intel), but without the text recognition function.
Otherwise: both versions will surprise you with how easy they are to use.
What is the intended use for the CLX.PayPen Wireless?
- The “CLX.PayPen Wireless” scanning wand is used to read in payment slips, text, numerals and barcodes (note: the Mac version can only be used to read in payment slips).
- The USB Bluetooth receiver lets you use the reading wand without a cable via a Bluetooth connection. If your computer has a built-in Bluetooth receiver, this can be used instead of the USB Bluetooth receiver.
- The connecting cable is used to charge the batteries in the scanning wand. The scanning function also works with the cable connected.
Does my scanning wand require batteries?
No, your CLX.PayPen Wireless does not need any batteries, as it includes a durable rechargeable battery. You can charge it with the cable supplied. Or you can charge it directly at any power point using the optionally available charger.
How do I switch the CLX.PayPen Wireless on?
Switch the CLX.PayPen Wireless on by pressing the function key (1) for no longer than a second. The LED display (2) flashes blue.
If you keep the function key pressed for more than five seconds the connection with your computer created by the installation (also called “pairing”) will be deleted. The key exchange must then be repeated manually.
When you insert the USB cable the CLX.PayPen Wireless will automatically switch on.
How do I switch the CLX.PayPen Wireless off?
The “CLX.PayPen Wireless” is switched off by pressing the function key (1) until the LED display (2) switches off (approx. 3 seconds).
Please note that the scanning wand can only be switched off when it is not connected to your computer by the cable.
How does it behave in energy saving mode?
If the “CLX.PayPen Wireless” is not used for an hour it will switch itself off. If there is no Bluetooth connection the “CLX.PayPen Wireless” will shut down after ten minutes.
What can I read from the LED display?
The flashing rate of the LED’s on the CLX.PayPen Wireless:
- Flashing once per second: the key exchange between the CLX.PayPen Wireless and your PC or laptop has not yet occurred.
- Very rapid flashing: the key between the CLX.PayPen Wireless and your PC or laptop was successfully exchanged, but the Bluetooth connection is not (yet) created.
- Once every three seconds: Bluetooth is active and the CLX.PayPen Wireless is ready to use.
So that the scanning wand is recognized by your PC or laptop a so-called “pairing” (connection) takes place. That means that before the Bluetooth connection is created a key is exchanged and recorded between the pen and the computer. You recognize whether the “pairing” has occurred successfully by the flashing rate of the LED displays on the scanning wand.
Flashing rate of the LED’s on the CLX.PayPen:
- The CLX.PayPen has no LED to show the status of the connection.
The colours of the LED display on the USB Bluetooth receiver:
- The blue LED display indicates the Bluetooth connection. The blue flashing LED lights up as soon as the Bluetooth stick is connected to your computer.